08 December 2011

On the turning of the learning styles tide

I would normally post a link under "Items to share", but this article and its comments is worthy of a post of its own:
The very title is interesting; a few years ago, it would have implied that the "research" was pointing clearly in favour of learning styles--but read the article and you will see that it argues in exactly the opposite direction.

There are one or two unexplained abbreviations:
  • "ISPI" is International Society for Performance Improvement
  • "ATI" is--at a guess--Analysis of Training Interaction or something similar. (9.12.11: David Stone puts me right--it's Aptitude-Treatment Interaction)
New readers start here!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments welcome, but I am afraid I have had to turn moderation back on, because of inappropriate use. Even so, I shall process them as soon as I can.