13 August 2012

Items to Share: 13 August



Education Focus
  • Seth's Blog » Blog Archive » Tyler Cowen’s Unusual Final Exam An interesting idea, if you have to have exams. For a history course on my undergraduate degree, taken by only four students, tutored in pairs, the tutor asked us to choose the topics of our essays ourselves (one of us would read out her or his essay each week for discussion). When we arrived at the exam, the questions on the paper were simply the titles of the essays we had devised and discussed. And on a course I worked on for many years, there were no assignments set by the tutors--they were, and are, negotiated with the students.
Other Business

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments welcome, but I am afraid I have had to turn moderation back on, because of inappropriate use. Even so, I shall process them as soon as I can.