26 May 2014

Items to Share: 25 May 2014

Education Focus
  • Introducing Carl’s Banned-Word Scanner – Phenomena: The Loom 'I’ve gotten very persnickety about the individual words and phrases that students choose. I’ve built up a list of “banned words” that I’ve come across in assignments and which I never want to see in class again. It’s not that those words are absolutely wrong in terms of their meaning. It’s just that writers–both new and veteran–should try to do better.' 
  • Top 5 Ways to Explain - badly... (Tom Boulter: Thinking on Learning) 'There have been some fantastic blogs appearing recently on what seems a bafflingly marginalised topic in much teacher training and INSET: the techniques and strategies behind constructing clear, effective and memorable explanations.'
Other Business

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments welcome, but I am afraid I have had to turn moderation back on, because of inappropriate use. Even so, I shall process them as soon as I can.